Swad Cardamom Indian Grocery Spice, Pods Green, 3.5 OunceB003CIHTBU
- Cardamom is a good ingredient for baked goods like cookies, cakes, puddings,
- Sweet dishes like Kheer, Phirni, Flans, Porridge, Halwa also taste better with its unique flavor.
- Used as a substitute of black cardamom.
- Used to flavor drinks and dessert.
- The outer covering of the cardamom can lend a unique flavor to tea if added along with tea leaves and coffee as well.
- Cardamon is also one of the essential spices added to the garam masala mix and curry powder.
- Various dishes like pulao, curries, biryanis, kebabs and other hot dishes are infused with cardamom's aroma.
Details: The seeds and seed pods of cardamom are sometimes called green cardamom in order to distinguish it from the closely related black cardamom. Native to southern India, it is now grown commercially in Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Guatemala. It is used primarily in baked goods in Europe (especially Scandinavia), but in India, north Africa, and the middle east it is equally at home in savory preparations. Indians also use it to flavor ice cream (kulfi) and tea, and Arabs use it to flavor coffee. Buy the whole green pods when possible; the white pods are merely bleached versions of the green pods, and loose seeds lose their flavor quickly. It is also available in ground form which usually includes the hulls, so for best results, buy the whole pods and grind the seeds yourself.